Let me see if I’ve got this right:
1) In 2004, despite being the popular incumbent, Chuck Cadman gets screwed out of the Conservative Party nomination in his riding of Surrey North by an ethnic insta-Tory voting block. When the party refuses to overturn the result, an enraged Cadman runs as an independent, and wins the election in a landslide.
2) In 2005, while terminally ill with cancer, Cadman becomes the center of the Canadian political universe as the deciding vote in the epic battle to topple the Paul Martin minority government. Through dozens of interviews each day both before and after the vote, Cadman never even hints at a bribe being offered by any party.
3) Mr. Cadman saves the Martin Liberal government with his vote. He passes away soon after.
4) In the wake of her husband’s death, Mr. Cadman’s wife, Dona, endorses the NDP candidate in her riding, family friend Penny Priddy, who won handily in the January 2006 election.
5) Later in 2006, Dona seeks the Conservative nomination in Surrey North to contest the next election against Ms. Priddy, and wins the nomination over a local lawyer.
6) In 2008, as part of the pre-release hype of a biography of her deceased husband, Dona Cadman announces that in 2005, the Conservative Party offered her husband a bribe of a $1,000,000 life insurance policy to vote down the Liberal government.
Dona, you owe Canada an answer to this question: if the Conservative Party of Canada offered, essentially, a $1m bribe to your husband, and if this supposed bribe so offended your husband as you have described:
WHY DID YOU CHOOSE TO RUN FOR THE CONSERVATIVES IF THEY ARE AS CORRUPT AS YOU SAY THEY ARE?
If they are corrupt, then why did you freely choose to run for a corrupt party? And if they are not corrupt, then why are you allowing this smear to fester for two days now?